Our Vision, Mission and Goals
To develop an integrated system of excellence in cardiovascular disease prevention for the Champlain region that acts as a model for Ontario and Canada.
To enhance the capacity of stakeholders to work together to deliver integrated, innovative, high quality, evidence-based policies and programs that will improve the cardiovascular health of Champlain residents.
- To increase the proportion of Champlain residents who are smoke-free, physically active, and making healthy food choices.
- To increase the proportion of Champlain residents with healthy blood pressure, blood cholesterol, blood glucose, and body weight.
- To eliminate inequities in cardiovascular risk and CVD mortality across the Champlain region.
- To act as a catalyst for strengthening intersectoral collaboration and capacity of partners.
- To create a regional infrastructure to deliver integrated, evidence-based CVD prevention policies and programs.
- To reduce unnecessary admissions to hospital and health care spending.
- To facilitate proactive delivery of CVD care among health practitioners across the Champlain region.
- To empower residents, patients, families, and communities to prevent and better manage CVD.
- To support the dissemination of CCPN best practices, technical skills, and knowledge to other Ontario LHINs and Public Health Units.
Dr. Andrew Pipe (Chair)
Chief, Division of Prevention & Rehabilitation, University of Ottawa Heart Institute
Mr. Randy Penney
CEO, Renfrew Victoria & St. Francis Memorial Hospitals
Dr. Isra Levy
Medical Officer of Health, Ottawa Public Health
Ms. Marion Fraser
Chief Financial Officer, University of Ottawa Heart Institute
Dr. David Salisbury
Director, Civil Aviation Medicine, Transport Canada
Dr. Robert Cushman
Former CEO, Champlain LHIN
- Issue 12: Fall 2011 [PDF]
- Issue 11: Summer 2011 [PDF]
- Issue 10: Fall 2010 [PDF]
- Issue 9: Summer 2010 [PDF]
- Issue 8: Spring 2010 [PDF]
- Special Issue : September 2009 [PDF]
- Issue 7: Summer 2009 [PDF]
- Issue 6: Winter 2009 [PDF]
- Issue 5: November 2008 [PDF]
- Issue 4: Fall 2008 [PDF]
- Issue 3: Summer 2008 [PDF]
- Issue 2: Spring 2008 [PDF]
- Issue 1: December 2007 — English | French [PDF]